Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mothers Day!

Mom, kiara and I.
To day is Mothers Day and I wanted to give a  shout out to my Mom Liz Brown and share some of my memories of her with you all. First she has a blog and its http://tiztime.blogspot.de/ and her you tube is http://www.youtube.com/user/tizabear61 she is so talented!

My mom has been trow alot raising me I wasn't a easy kid. But one thing I do remember is that she was always encouraging me to do better and supporting my artistic abilities I started out coloring and always had crayons and coloring books as I got older I started drawing and she always made sure I had sketch book and paints and things I remember when I had the chicken pocks and she brought me in a box with pompom balls and tacky glue eyeballs and pipe cleaners it was summer and I couldn't go on the last summer day camp trip but I had that box and I made monsters and bugs lol but from then on I've been crafting my first stamp was a stamp with my name on it that she got for me she has always inspired me even today she looks up different things and projects to help keep me busy and even to this day every time I make something she gets a pix in her email of it even if its just a sketch lol 

When I was 17 my Mom signed paperwork allowing me to join the US Army I then went off on my own but she was always there for me. One day I called her from AIT and thanked her for being so hard on me as a kid. When your a kid you don't like rules and things but it helped me throw out my time as a soldier I'm so glad I had discipline. I also realized how much she loved me. 

It wasn't long before I went to Iraq with the 101 in 2003 when I came home I was changed but my mom was there for me when I got off that plain and after the ceremony and they released us the first person I hugged was my mom she has always been there for me when ever the was a life changing event in my life she was there.

 My mom has always been there for me one of my most recent memories I have is when I had my daughter Kiara I was going to be a mom soon and the only person I wanted was my Mom she got to Oklahoma a couple hrs before I went in to emergency surgery to become a mom myself and she went in with me and held my hand and was the first person to see my daughter. she was there 

When I was a kid my mom us to say I'm not your friend I'm your Mother when you grow up and get out on your own then we will be friends. I have to say I wouldn't have it any other way my Mom is my best friend we talk daily when we can and sometimes more then once a day! When your a mom your a mom for life I only hope I can do the same for my kids. Mom thank you for all that you have and will do for me you have always been there for me your my inspiration and biggest motivator my mentor and friend! Happy Mothers Day Mom!

There are so many memories I just tried to pick out the biggest ones but Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there and have a Happy Scrappy Day! Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you Tiffany. I have been greatly blessed by God in having you for a daughter......and yes, now, a friend!!!!! A best friend!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete